Effective Date: January 1, 2012
Last Updated: February 06, 2023
What Personal Information Does National Beef Collect?
National Beef may collect the following categories of personal information through the Sites. "Personal Information” generally refers to any information that can be linked to an identified or identifiable person.
When you register as a customer using our Account Interface, we collect your account number, password, and your email address. In order to receive certain services, we may additionally request your name, postal address, phone number, or other information relevant to your use of the Site. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
Browsing Activity and Website Usage
We use technology to monitor how you interact with our Sites. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include technical information about your device such as operating system, browser information, Universal Device Identifiers (UDID), Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors, and similar information. We have an interest in understanding how you interact with our Sites to better improve them, to understand your preferences in order to select offerings that you might find most useful, and to provide advertising. We also have an interest in detecting and preventing fraud. Please see the Your Choices section below for more information on how you can opt-out of interest-based advertising.
We collect your email address and postal address to send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions , or those of our business partners.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply. If you contact National Beef, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
How Does National Beef Use Personal Information?
National Beef’s primary goal in collecting information is to improve the Sites and provide the user with the best possible experience on the Sites. For example, by using the information collected, we are able to provide you with an easy-to-use and readily available forum to access your National Beef account information. We will also use your personal information to send electronic notices to you and notify you of other products or services available from National Beef and its affiliates.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our Sites.
- To provide order tracking.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our business operations, to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under any agreement that you or your organization has with us.
- To comply with applicable laws, legal obligations, and/or protect our legal interests and rights.
- To detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of National Beef and our customers, employees, or others.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you create an account with us we may collect your information to process your account registration, but we also collect your information as we have an interest in maintaining your information so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions you may have about our products or services.
How Does National Beef Disclose Personal Information?
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, the following describes the situations where your information may be disclosed to third parties:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information to our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information to that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information to other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our Site, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfilment of orders.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. If you interact with us on social media or use features such as plugins, widgets, or and other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and Pinterest) in connection with our Sites, we collect information that you disclose to us, or that the social media platforms disclose to us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
- De-identified Personal Information. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any lawful purpose. De-identified information is generally not considered to be personal information under applicable laws.
We also permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our Sites for analytics and advertising, including to help manage and display advertisements, or to tailor advertisements to your interests. The third parties use their technology to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests which may appear either on our websites or on other websites. You can opt-out of having your Site activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Some web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can adjust your browser settings to remove or reject certain cookies. You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising on our Sites, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our Sites.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Some of our Sites will allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our Site does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you contact us as described below in order to request that your information by modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
We may perform research on our Site users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed or sold on an anonymized and aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying an individual person. National Beef may share this anonymized and aggregated data with business partners, prospective partners, or other third parties.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our Site permits you to create an account. When you do, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. Remember to sign out of your National Beef account and close your browser window when you have finished your work.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
For digital inquiries please fill out our Contact Form.
P.O. Box 20046
Kansas City, Mo 64195-0046